Thursday, October 30, 2008

Roma

Today i made it to Rome, Italy. Known as Roma to the locals.

I left Naples by myself this morning (my so-called travelling friend left me to fend for myself as he made his way back to England, obviously without me - the American sitting next to me in the Internet room suggested i title my blog Men are the root of all evil. i,m thinking men can never be just friends is more valid!) So, i survived a bus ride, train ride, metro station, a hotel that was all booked out and finally i had luck in finding a nice hotel right near Vatican City after braving the metro once again. The drama of the day - where i was seriously contemplating finding an airport and getting on a plane back to England, obviously the easy and probably smartest way out crossed my mind numerous times - but as it turned out after making it here and finding my hotel to rid myself of my heavy duffel bag things got much better. i haven,t seen much yet as it was 4ish when i got in and then when i set out with camera in tow - an absolute necessity - a thunderstorm rolled in. I actually enjoyed it and ended up seeking shelter in the same place as a bunch of other people including some americans who were on a tour. we all chatted for quite awhile until the rain finally let up a little.
I have met some interesting people along the way already and the night is still young so i will write more later and hopefully backtrack to what i have done so far.

3 comments:

Manitshotinhere said...

Holy Moly Jules it's hard as hell to sign up on this thing. Good to hear from you.

Sam

Kelvin Ringold said...

Hey! Good start! I look forward to hearing more about your travels. Nice photo! Be sure to give that photographer a photo credit (hee hee). Hugs.

Kelvin

Ray said...

Hi Julie,
I need Pictures! You can't go to Italy and not post some pics. I need to live vicariously through them! Be Safe.

Ray